Wednesday 21 May 2014

Warhammer 40k 7th Edition

Fancy new cover art, the old 3 book style, a hefty price tag.

I must admit I'm pretty excited by the new edition of 40k. If you haven't already,  I recommend watching the teasers on youtube as to what's in the new rules (once you've changed your password of course //cough// heartbleed //cough //).

The new missions sound great - kind of like risk where you have a unique objective you get extra points for completing. It looks like the days of randomly selecting a bunch of missions that sound different but work almost exactly the same are gone.

One small change caught my attention. No forge organisation.

Sorry, what?!

So you're telling me my unnecessarily balanced army could find itself fighting a whole army of fliers or armour, rendering 50% of units useless.

Warhammer is one of those games were little exploits of rules lead to severe beardiness. Now you're telling me I could fight the Lemun Russ Corps of Lemun Russ, whose background fluff states that they like Lemun Russ so they built a lot of them.

Great.

I've already planned my tournament list. 300 spore mines. You don't get points for killing them so the best you can hope for is a draw.

I'll create a back story of a hive fleet entirely of spore mines wherby to become the king you must blow him up. If the king blows himself up or gets shot, the mine to his left becomes king.

See you on the battlefield

~Fraser

No comments:

Post a Comment