Saturday 19 July 2014

Diversity

...Is the spice of life. It provides a great insight into human nature.

I'm not talking about the same old tired opinions of positive discrimination in the workplace but on a much more real basis.

At the O2 arena in Greenwich today there are two main attractions. The Monty Python Reunion, which has attracted an odd mix of old eccentric folks with handkerchiefs on their heads. And a boyband reunion which has swarms of girls flocking to see whichever fops are still vying for their attention.

It does make me wonder what the teenagers of today make of the jokers of the past. They seem so very puzzled by the big fibreglass model of a dead parrot.

When I was coming to London on the train, a four year old French boy comes and sits next to me so I take out my headphones and we watch Battlestar Galactica together.

It's somehow reassuring when you come across these little nuances in the day to day. Life is interesting. Whatever else you call it, that much is true.

~Fraser

No comments:

Post a Comment