Sunday 30 March 2014

"One swallow does not make a summer"

...but changing the clocks forwards helps.

That's not what Aristotle was talking about of course,  on his discourse into happiness--but like most I'm hoping the extra sunshine will mean a little extra happiness.

The ironically named SAD syndrome is a bit of a highlight into modern thinking that I need to stop the problem not address the cause.

Let's go on holiday to get rid of the blues or take some painkillers to get rid of that headache.

It always makes me curious when I see people knocking back paracetamol with their coffee when they admit to having drank no water the whole day. My words fall on deaf ears when I remind them that dehydration is the most common cause of headache.

Sometimes my eyes are so fed up from a week staring at computer/phone/tv screens that I just have to give them a break. Having been so busy this last year doing work on weekends that when all the screens are off it's difficult to know what to do.

Some kind of desensitisation comes over me that after watching a movie so gratuitous that it's the audio/visual equivalent of drowning in chocolate cake-- how then can you go read a book?

It's difficult to pull away from modernity but so very worth it. The result of which is partly below--and partly going towards my "summer"

My Fiancé Rama's 2nd ever painted model

My own latest Blood Angel

~Fraser

No comments:

Post a Comment