Monday 10 February 2014

Passing thoughts

How will we be remembered?

I wondered recently, spurred on by the recent passing of my father on the 27th January.

For a long time we didn't see eye to eye. Well that's to put it lightly. I grew up thinking we were polar opposites. Now as I grow older and more mature I find more of his character in mine.

How I laughed when I found a picture of him with long hair. The same long hair he was constantly making fun of me for.

Now I work in IT software sales, love mountains and fitness, and find his words coming out of my mouth.

Yet we only came to share a mutual respect around three or four years ago. What if his cancer had been more aggressive? It would have been a true shame and left many things unsaid that had saved what was a fragile relationship.

It seems a shame that people die so young but I can at least say we made our peace. I will try to remember the good days and take consolation knowing they were his last

~Fraser

No comments:

Post a Comment