Wednesday 26 February 2014

Remember

What will our generation be remembered for?

Our short attention span? How you can become famous overnight and be forgotten by lunchtime?

Our fascination with social media?  How at any time of the day or night you can read about mundane Jane, who's classic posts include, "I'm bored...what's everyone doing?"

The huge success of online dating? Why talk to people around you when you can crawl back into your room, draw the blinds and spy on people online. //wink//

I read Google's message yesterday - "maybe your idea will be the next great success" it inspired me. I thought, yeah you know what it might be! Wait...what idea?

My Gran used to tell me about all the whizz-kids she read about in the paper becoming millionaires when they were 16. "You're good with computers why don't you do something like them?"

A great idea until I realised the best I could come up with was a game idea about a glove-man and creating my own laptop from a cardboard box with bottle caps stuck to it.

Well she also called me a "skinny-malink" and I'm still thin so I guess I'm doing ok. Whatever a "Malink" is.

Seem to find people barely have any time for themselves these days, let alone anyone else. Don't know how it came to be that most of us are too busy to live our own lives.

"People are so rude" my barber told me, "nobody cares they just let door slam on me and my daughter. Even at 9 months old old she already says please and thank you!"

"Well" I said "there's hope for us yet."

~Fraser

No comments:

Post a Comment